via Bienen School of Music
Claire Chase Residency III: April 12-17
Thursday, April 16, 2015, 7:30 p.m., Alice Millar Chapel
Concert featuring Chase and students from the Bienen School flute studio in contemporary works for flute.
Programming New Music: Strategies, Successes, Challenges
Friday, April 17, 2015, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., Lutkin Hall
Admission is free.
A one-day symposium focusing on recent developments and challenges in programming new music. Performers, producers, and scholars discuss the fast-changing landscape of concerts featuring new music, and its difficulties as well as its promises.
- Claire Chase, Visiting Artist, Institute for New Music; executive director of ICE (International Contemporary Ensemble)
Additional participants include leading figures from Chicago's new music scene:
- Doyle Armbrust and Austin Wulliman (Spektral Quartet)
- Amy Iwano (University of Chicago)
- Peter Margasak (Constellation)
- Peter Taub (Museum of Contemporary Art)
- Hamza Walker (Renaissance Society)
- Ryan Dohoney, Donald Nally, and Hans Thomalla (Bienen School of Music faculty)